Crisis Media Training
We help people become first-rate communicators...
Our crisis media training courses are tailored around you. Depending on the type of crisis you could face trade and national press or even TV and radio broadcasters, so this training will prepare you for all possible situations. This course is normally run for those with some interview experience but we can design the session for those who are new to the media. Due to the nature of this media training we generally sign confidentiality agreements before we start working on your course. As mentioned, our crisis media courses are all specifically tailored. However as a guide, take a look below to see what we would advise covering in your session.
- An introduction to the media in a crisis: Why should you talk to the media in a crisis / The difference a crisis makes for the media / The way journalists operate when covering a crisis story
- Preparing your approach: Refining your key messages / Researching the audience and journalist / Setting your agenda / The Soundbite
- During the interview: Bridging and other interview techniques / Body Language / Dos and Don’ts / Handling Press conferences
The interviews we conduct in our crisis media training sessions are testing, realistic and relevant. This is to ensure that, whatever sort of interview situation delegates face in the outside world, they will be prepared.
Depending on your requirements, we will conduct a series of one or more of the following interviews:
- Face to Face
- Down the line
Below are details of some media trainers we would recommend for your session. These are just a few from our extensive roster so please get in touch for more information on the rest of our team.
Trainer A is a journalist and producer for the BBC
Trainer B is a presenter and anchor for Sky News
Trainer C is a former Daily Mail Whitehall Editor
What’s included in your session?
- A training course tailored to your requirements
- Our Media Handling Guide Booklet
- Cameraman to film and playback the interviews
- Written and oral feedback to both delegate and client
- DVD recordings of your practice interviews
To book your broadcast media training course please click here. We can have your tailored session outline over within the next 24 hours and the course will be delivered as soon as you’re ready.
Print Media Training
Our print media training courses are tailored around you and the media you want to connect with, whether it’s the national press or the trade titles specific to your industry.
Our broadcast media training courses are tailored around you and the media you want to connect with, whether it’s TV or radio and whoever you are facing.
These courses are tailored around you and the specific financial and business media you want to connect with, whether it’s trades, nationals or TV and radio.